Monday, April 10, 2006

stop all the world now

Looks like I've been blogging every other day now. It's just that... when everything seems to be whirling by - assignments, weekends, exams, pointless conversations, slacking, months, weeks, days, blogging, reading other people's blogs and laughing at what someone's said from half-way across the world... slows down the world. For that one fraction of the day. One moment. And I guess that is all we need to smile and help us make it through the day. Kinda like what music, photography and driving does to me. Unwind.

Today was "PD" (Panic Day). You know, Mondays, when you realize, "Shyt! Something-something is due tomorrow!" Yeah, tell me about it. I knew it was due tomorrow, but when "I'll-do-it-tomorrow" kicks in, it's hard to ignore the fabricated social life you have. So after a day in front of the computer and books, I was driving back home in the wun'erful 70 degree day when someone pulled up next to me and was playing a song I hadn't listened to in a long time. I laughed (sorta). It was Collide by Howie Day. You know how some songs remind you of someone. And it was nice thinking about shtuff after such a looong time. Driving in the heat, with your windows rolled down. Not caring in the world you were stuck in the traffic for a good extra 15 minutes. Smiling when the world was filled with chaos :-)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww :)) some things jst catch you off-guard eh? i had such a moment the other day too when dan's favorite commercial came up lol keep blogging mwuaah babe! gives us something to look fwd to after work :)

Anonymous said...

cute x 2 :P

Rishabh Kaul said...

i second the monday being the PD thingee.

Mia said...

I know I'm cute Dev and Cross... tell me something new :P haha I'm a corn-eh pupp-eh.

Will do Dolchay! I have a feeling it'll be something like Long White Cross... or is it better? I can't wait to get home and download it, thanks for dropping by :)

aw Rhea, that's so sweet of ya. Really. Now I think I need some of your canadian voice in my life - it's been sooo long hehe.

totally Rishabh, teens know it. Glad you feel it too ^5

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

how do u "manage to manage" 3 blogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and i simply fell in love with some of the pics!!!!

Anonymous said...

miiiaaaaaa :*)

Anonymous said...

cute x 3 :P someone told me how you couldn't get that song out of your head for months. OK, that makes you cute x 6. 3's unluck haha

Mia said...

Why, thank ya Moi :) that's the best-est compliment I've ever gotten on here! I guess only another photographer can appreciate another's work eh ;) and it must be God's grace how I manage all the blogs haha.

heeeeyyyyy my cali hottie

Okay, lets get this clear Miles and Cross... I'm cute or cute cute? :P jk True, I was stuck with that song for quite a while haha, now that I think of it, it was a bloody long time. Kinda made me fall back on the latest music. You know, rap, hip-hop and RnB :P

Dolchaayy, I like the song :) joilezzzzzzzzzzzz