Saturday, April 15, 2006

"... raindrops on my window"

One of the things I like - no, love - is falling asleep when it's raining outside. My bed's right under the window (and it's not your typical bed either; more like a mattress on the floor. I like it that way 'cuz I can roll out of bed and not hit the floor... or never having to fear dustbunnies under your bed). The inexplainable feeling of lying down and watching the dark clouds go by, with the tree swaying lightly in the wind is amazing. Most people can't go to sleep when it's raining and I'll agree with them to an extent. We've had major thunderstorms these past few days. The days are bright and warm. Come night, and it looks like your city might be swallowed by the rain. Last night I slept with the window open because it was so frigging hot in the house, but not hot enough for us to switch on the air conditioning. Around midnight I woke up as thunder seared across the Nati sky. Scary. Really really scary. Tonight's the same, but I'm awake, listening to Cat Power and Donavon Frankenreiter, a couple of new artists I happened to listen a while ago. Soaking up the nig't.

It's warm, yet pleasant. Tense out, yet relaxing inside. A Friday night, yet lazy. A night perfect for us die-hard romantics. I'm not good with words or phrases heh, but you get the picture. With that said, time for me to go and revel what's left of the night and get some sleep. Have a goooood weekend :-)

8 comments:

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

:) eternal romantic, huh?
and that pic with raindrops is so ....................ethereal!!! :)

have a purrrrrrfect weekend!

Anonymous said...

"you're" NOT GOOD WITH WORDS? lol yah riiiiiiiiiiiight :PP

Mia said...

*no comment*

Rishabh Kaul said...

guess we both experiencing same weather conditions eh?

Mia said...

yup, quite a coincidence huh. Who would have thought Hyd would be having a similar weather.

Shannon J. said...

Yeah, I love/hate nati weather. Too hot to breathe, but our mothers are principally against turning on the AC before July.

Unknown said...

ya i kno exaccccccccccctly what ya mean M.
and ye, 'moi' said the word! "eternal romantic"

--Dreamer

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

u havent posted in like 3 days now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!