Sunday, February 12, 2006

The Story of Happy Singletons

Valentine's Day scene.

Scene I
(On-campus)
Random ppl hand out flowers to raise money for funding purposes. FLOWERS! Singletons love flowers. They buy a $2 pink rose. Singleton's happy. Fund-raising ppl happy.

Scene II
(At the malls)
Pink. Pink. Oh that pink. On such occasions, singletons should be given the right to buy free glasses that turn them colour-blind.

Scene III
(Inside the stores)
Small hearts. Medium hearts. Large hearts. XXXL hearts. Small stuffed bears. Large bears. Sexy-growling bears. "I Love You" squeaking bears. Cards that profess such everlasting lurve. All so sweet. Ew.

Scene IV
(On the streets)
Do they even go onto the streets this day? Or... this entire month? Can't blame them. People suddenly realize they have a valentine and snog 'em like there's no tomorrow. Genuine peck on the cheek? Ha! How exactly do you define genuine gestures of affection...

Scene V
(Their friends in a relationship)
Think JLo and Affleck. Maybe worse.

Scene VI
(Their "don't-give-a-shit" single friends)
Ahh, singletons love 'em on this day. There's something about giving couples who all of a sudden hold each other when someone passes by, THE look. A few fun options on this day are: speed-dating, spa, bungee-jumping off a plane, prank calls, action/thriller flicks and sceneted candles + italian food + a toast to their carefree status = makes the day priceless. A few bad baaaaaad options: romantic/comedy flicks, indulging in gifts for yourself, getting smashed, sipping coffee at Starbucks, listening to the i-pod the entire day, turning the radio on, reading this, etc.
Here's to all the singletons out there. On this grand day, blow a kiss to your gorgeous self in the mirror :P It's YOUR day people.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

muuahahhahahahaha its MY DAY


oi stop callin us 'singletons' sounds kinda...umm..dunno.

Single n happy,
Dreamer.

Anonymous said...

How many hits this year? haha

Mia said...

aye aye Miles :P i'll do some serious lovin' on my end fo sho.

Dreamer, singletons definitely sounds better than 'singles' doesn't it? makes you feel like you're a part of this whole group of happy individuals :)

:O Cross
I'm gonna say 2. I love ya for reminding me how bad I am haha. But its on a decline eh :P

Rishabh Kaul said...

valentines day is just one huge sham, a global conspiracy supported by archies and hallmark and the likes

Anonymous said...

happy valentine's day hun :) i heard you were spotted at starbucks today; obviously deep in thought about me, but that is beside the point. I make your day priceless. That is my point.


AnonymouslyUrs

Mia said...

lol rishabh, i hear ya. you go and kiss their carpet if you're not a part of the 'singleton clan', ya know? thats stretching it a bit too much but yeh.


AnonymouslyUrs, this song's for ya: Temperature - Sean Paul.

ps - tell me more on priceless :) lol listen to Best I Ever Had - David Gray. One of the best songs I've heard in a while. happy valentine's day ta ya too! The entire Starbucks scene was more like a "I'm going there to prove myself wrong. WRONG!" ... I did actually. The place was decorated pleasantly and it was all so laid-back I hardly studied for my chem exam. You know how that goes hehe.

Lauren said...

thanks. and back at you.



and hooray for the singletons.

Unknown said...

EVERYDAY CAN B A V DAY WHY THE FOOK DO WE NEED A SPECIAL DAY?!??!

Anonymous said...

decline my ass haha

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you chose David Gray over Sean Paul, baby. I got a sneak-peek of your v-day pics and I have to say there's no better place for such an occasion. O, you'll do great on chem - after all, you're good at chemistry ;)

Smelling curry from a distance is priceless.

AnonymouslyUrs