Thursday, February 16, 2006

No Signs, No Courtesies, tyvm

(5 year-old sis walks in while I'm watching a movie)

Sister: what are you watchin'??
Me: A movie; done with your work?
Sister: Yaa, you know how many time I have gotten bumped by ppl at school?
Me: Hmm... how many?
Sister: Five hun'red an' fifty million times!

(she flays her arms around as if adding effect to her statement)

Me: wow! Thats a lot.
Sister: (nodding) and I don't even cry!

(she gives me her biiiiiiiiig smile, as I try not to laugh)

Me: Thats very brave. What do you tell the ppl who you bump into?
Sister: Nuthin' (a nonchalant shrug). We jus' go away.
Me: (I give her the quick raised eyebrow look) Well, you should say "I'm sorry" or "Excuse me" and ask them whether you hurt them or not...

(by now she's looking at me as if I had lost my frigging brains)

Me: ... right?
Sister: But there are no signs saying you SHOULD! Tha's why no one says it.

(she bounces back to her room after giving me a look that said, "Dood. You need some serious lessons in life")



Uhm. Kids. Go figure.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

LMAO engineer got tolllldddd!!!!!!!!!!!
haahahahahahahahhahahahha

btw, i FULLY sympathise with ur sis, having to live alongside an ELDER SIS.

:P

--Dreamer.

Anonymous said...

hahaha @ you not getting the final word ;)

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

ha ha ha!
KiDs???? U gotta b kiddin! :)

Mia said...

oh god Dreamer, I KNEW you were a younger bro :P don't even get me started on this lol

Cross, you know how it should be ;)

*sigh* Moi. yes... kids... not just any kid - my lil sis. I love her but its times like these that make me wonder who's the younger kid in the house

The Humanity Critic said...

Just passing through, I'm digging the blog by the way.

Mia said...

thanks for stopping by :)