Thursday, February 09, 2006

Harry Potter's "After the End"


You must be wondering what I'm talking about. I'm talking about... Harry Potter's... e-book called "After the End". Long story short...

After class, MA and I decided to grab lunch at MarketPointe and act cool by busting some big-time monies. As if we'd do that; MA's honor society had a free pizza lunch at their building. Plus a Harry Potter book series discussion. I was all, "HELL yeah! Let's go! (I don't give a shyt if I'm no Honors student)". So off we go, to the honorer la réunion de société.

So I'm here happily enjoying my pizza, right? Suddenly everyone around me starts talking about Celtic words. French, Russian, German words (which NO ONE uses these days) fly over my head, and I look at all the people around the conference table and wonder, "Who are these people??" I bet they must be thinking the same about me when I gave them a look to match my thoughts but *ahem* I enjoy a book... I don't deconstruct, analyze and again construct texts, unless its absolutely necessary for my final English portfolio paper or something. I mean seriously. I guess now I know which groups literary critics join at college lol. I was there to eat pizza, sip moi Coke and enjoy lazy banter over Harry Potter. For the first 10 minutes, I just gazed from one face to another, asking myself if the free food was worth it (YEAH! No one stands a chance of stoppin' me from eatin' free pizza. Not even a bunch of babiller critiques). But then... know what, it actually got interesting. They were talking of numerology and mythology, which I connect to to some level. Then came the talk of Harry Potter fanatics. My favorite. So there are these two girls, Arabella and Zsenya, who sat down to write in 2000 (and must have kept sitting 'til 2003) after the third book . People who want to read what would have happened if Sirius had lived (and someone else had died) and who have afternoons generally free, are welcome to read it. I should warn you... people have been reported of getting hooked - seriously hooked (and I really don't want hate mails saying, "ARGHH!!! Because of YOU and your BLOG I can't look away from my computer!!!!). It's apporximately 400 (?) pages long. I plan on reading it at night, when I get assignment-invoked panic attacks and feel like doing ANYTHING but that bloody assignment. I need to get over my photography mania and this will be a breather ehh... so now you know my night agenda for the next couple of weeks.

Here's a GOOD site for Harry Potter fans - Sugar Quill.
And here's a rather censored Harry Potter site - Naked Quidditch Match.
Annnnnnnnnnnd... your new addiction - After the End.

3 comments:

Rishabh Kaul said...

the naked quidditch was real fun

Mia said...

yep :P there's a lot of the harry potter shtuff online. you just need to "google" the right words.

Rishabh Kaul said...

or just wait for u to provide a link to us...