Saturday, May 27, 2006

Music Hosting

A couple of friends caught on with a music hosting website (Castpost) I use for "podcasting", i.e. just embed music into your blog for others to listen. Miles had a few technical issues with it the other day as the player caught up a lot and prevented him from listening to the Holy Pussycat Dolls.

...

A lot of other people have been having similar problems. Well, there isn't any specific solution, but I'd recommend you Refresh the page, or hit Pause and let the music file stream (this solves the problem for people living far apart).

I've tried a lot of hosting sites earlier. This one's proven to be the latest and the best so far. The thing is, Blogger isn't really built to embed music, create podcasts, etc. Wordpress, myspace and other blogging sites are more for that kind of thing. They have options of converting your blogs into podcasts or directly upload music. And of course, we won't give up on Blogger so soon eh. So if the tips above don't work, you can switch to another host. Filelodge was one of my first host sites (it's free). The admins keep upgrading it a lot... so there's a lot of "down-time". I'd recommended a podcast fanatic friend to use Bolt (the link takes you specifically to the audio webhosting site). It's free too. It allows mic options too, which is kinda cool. His podcast is "flourishing", so I can say Bolt could be better than Podcast! And if nothing works out... there's always YouTube (I think it uploads music too).

Click on the links below to listen to sound quality/upload speed for tracks I've put up. Have fun browsing! I'll update if something else comes along.

Long White Cross - Pluto (using Bolt - you don't have to embed it, click on the link instead)




(using Filelodge - this isn't really a music file but its hilarious)

Bush + Rice conversation
My December - Linkin Park

14 comments:

Jas B said...

Great info! Thanks. :)

Anonymous said...

oh wow, Bolt's awesome! thank you! cool site :D

Barbara Bruederlin said...

You are a wealth of information - thank you. I'm going to be looking into Bolt, probably next week, as I am currently swamped. If it works out for me, I shall call my first grandchild 3ngin33r.

Unknown said...

buy me an i-pod! :D

Rishabh Kaul said...

i dont think shouvik is "live from singapore" anymore. he died a year ago.

Mia said...

of course, we could Miles... it'll be all you doing the recording though ;)

glad you find it helpful Jas, Anonymous and Barbara! wow, having someone's name in l33t sounds awesome Barbara... even better than being the Godmother :P hehe

I'll share once I get mine Lonely Guitar ;) kinda...

pfft Devon, give him a break. yeah right. someone's gotta bug the hell out of him :P and I really don't know how I get to know the websites really. must be my awesome contacts' system. imagine that :P

that is true Rishabh :\ he needs to get a life and start to blog.

Unknown said...

KINDA??? KINDA?!?!?!?!?!!?!?
pffft.

and isnt souvik the one i kno from DPS? the fatso? :p

Anonymous said...

"tiarabang" awwww :)) you're the perfect monica still heehe

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

hey long time!

may ur tribe increase :)

Anonymous said...

you need to blog something about the both of us. It only sounds right.

Mia said...

KINDA Lonely Guitar haha :P and I'm not sure we're talking of the same Shouvik. His name has an 'H' in it and he was in DPS for a few months before he went to Singapore. still the same Shouvik?

LOL you remember Rhea :) I think I'd make the perfect Monica too (much to the plight of others).

Indeed, my tribe's growing Moi -- I couldn't be happier :P and long time indeed! You need to blog more often :)

:P I know right Devon.

I guess AnonymouslyUrs... I guess it does sound right (TO YOU! :P )

Anonymous said...

hey good luck on the exams. I miss your "my brain's fried becuz of shit" whines :(

Unknown said...

the Souvik im talkin abt is Bengali i think, and he completed his 12th here in DPS

Mia said...

lol Cross... thats not good :P

Different S[h]ouvik Lonely Guitar, sorreh. this one's in singaaaaaapore.