Friday, May 26, 2006

early morning blues

I guess everyone has one of those mornings when you feel p***ed off for no apparent reason. Well, there are a couple of reasons but they hardly have a connection and sound trivial after a day or two.

Right now, THIS INSTANT I'm irritated with the whole blogging scenario. Rewinding a few years, I remember creating this blog to post jokes, forwards and the other trivial stuff that takes up more space in the blogosphere. Then there are days when I write long ass entries and start having second thoughts about posting them on here because I think its way too personal and just makes me sound opinionated. Its like I want to post it, but something holds me back and I just kick a wall and save it as a draft. Anyway, moving on...

I don't understand why people have to be such stuck-ups and be all expressionless and shyt when you're with them, trying to joke and have a good time. It does your head in, spoils your mood and makes you wonder wtf are you even bothering to be with such a person, trying to lift their mood when its not worth it in the end. I mean seriously. It was going great with one person, then the SU (stuck-up) person comes along and you think, "Okay well, maybe I could use a change in company." Nah-uh! Baaaad decision. Two minutes into the conversation and you want to sock the person and tell them to take a break and act like they're trying to have a good time if it isn't too much trouble.

Are there statements people make, that you just can't tolerate? I can name a few right off my head because thats what I've been hearing this week. "I don't care." "It doesn't matter." "Whatever." wtf? You ask them nicely where they want to go, eat, hang out, grab a pop, anything!

And then the select friends on your list, whether it be Facebook, Hi5, that sit in the same room as you do and don't even bother to say Hi. Now this one really irritates the hell out of me. Earlier I used to say a Hi or whatever when they didn't but now I don't even make the effort. This "friend" came and sat next to me for a full 15-20 minutes while I was working on a project and didn't even bother to say anything. I didn't notice until she got up and left and I was like, "hey! that was so-and-so!" I'm very much tempted to strike her name and many others' off my friend list online, but that would just be childish huh.

And I won't even want to go into the way people you know behave on-campus when they see you. A "Hey! How are you?" and the person walks away even before you have a chance to open your mouth. I know you're in a hurry, but ffs. I found it really rude at first, but now I'm used to it. Now I just smile and walk-on by, and leave them hanging if they're waiting for an answer. Not with everyone of course. Just people like I mentioned above. A friend told me once we live in a critical, cold, selfish world and I refused to believe him. I always looked for the good in people. Its a shame I have to alter my ways towards certain people. It really is. Can't the world just be friendly and nice and easy to get along with? Can't people see the good in others too and understand people's feelings? I guess thats too much to ask.

With just a week left for the quarter to end, I'm down with a terrible cold that doesn't seem to go away and leads to feverish nights. I hate it. It prevents me from doing well on last-minute projects, quizzes, exams and ... its just terrible. Maybe thats the reason I'm having a bad start. I woke up late today and in the hurry to do a lot of things with 2 hands in 5 minutes, I forgot to take my medicine and a library book thats due soon. Now I'm sniffling all over the place like a maniac and hoping the due date magically gets extended.

Hmm, I actually feel better now. I think I'll make it through Physics without sleeping, then I'll treat myself to my favorite Skeller cheese sticks, get my project done, enjoy my 3-day weekend and have fun. Yeah... that sounds nice. I like blogging. This is good... real good.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMFAO @ 18 going on 22 that is so funny :P

you're not preggers are you? lol some of them people can be rude. give them the finger next time

Jas B said...

I totally know what you're saying!

Feel better, be well and enjoy the Memorial day weekend.

Unknown said...

,,|, <~that always works ;)
cheers

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Thanks for dropping by and leaving suggestions. I appreciate the information and will check those out.

I notice you use castpost as well. And the Dandy Warhols song did hesitate on me. And I wanted to hear it! Stupid computers, eh?

Mia said...

no shyt Miles lol

4 months Devon :( and he refuses to pay for child support. how messed up is THAT?!?!

same to you Jas :) i'll surely be slacking and having the time of my life :P

;) Lonely Guitar you and Dev think alike hehe

ah, I'll dedicate my next post to you then Barbara. hope it clears things a bit. have a good weekend :)