Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Possible threat?

I open my inbox in the morn around noon and there's an email from the campus police warning us of suspicious activities and possible threats. To quote, "... In one such case a student is reported to have stated that the Virginia Tech incident was nothing compared to what he would do if his grades were not adjusted." I ended up talking with a friend who later told me that this particular incident had occurred the day earlier. It infuriated them that the email was sent out the next day and sounded little serious. I don't know how much of it is true... but I stand by my claim of learning from past events. We need to be more cautious of people's feelings and treat them with respect and perhaps even care and be friendly (a smile and Hello goes a long way). High time a lot of us stop demanding that thing called personal space, because in truth, there exists no such thing. Unless of course you lived all alone on this new habitable planet that scientists in S. America discovered a while back...

No comments: