Monday, April 16, 2007

Sex and the City

I grew up sticking my tongue out at girls who saw Sex and the City (with such ardor that it sickened me and I was more than happy to play tennis with the boys and be all tomboyish).

I turn 19 and I still don't get young girls my age watching the stupid series to learn (?) whatever they wanted to learn.

Come April and I find myself watching it on DailyMotion.com and see what all the hoo-ha was about. And what happens? I become one of "them"! No, I don't want to learn more about sex or NYC, I'm quite familiar with the terminology, NYC cabs and male/female psyche around the whole shebang. It's the deeper meanings, different outlooks the four single women have on life and circumstances that has me fascinated (excuse? not really). They're so natural -- which is the best part -- and so good at sticking together (even if its only a TV series...) that I find it rather interesting. I got some good quotes off it too (no, I don't use TV/movie quotes in real life... that seems a little desperate to me).


Oh, and did I mention that there are NO commercials when I see it online? Yeah. Gotta love that. And skipping, rewinding/fast forwarding? There are a few episodes that are rather lame which I have to simply skip... so its a big plus.

No comments: