Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Maya Angelou @ Fifth-Third Arena


She was amazing. I could blog about EVERYTHING she said and how it was all so right, but you can find out more about her here (and help conserve blog space). I had a friend's camera phone, and got few really bad pics... so good luck in spotting her on stage :\ I'll post up a poem of hers soon. It really affected me and I'm tryin' to find a version of it online (which should be up on our uni website soon, 'cuz she wanted that particular poem to be posted on there).

As for my day, I caught up with my so-called social life (which seems to be disappearing gradually thanks to my coarses) with some pool, goofy camera moments, Wendy's (twice!... "bustin' yo monies" mode) and then Mrs. Angelou's enlightening presence. Now I iz back, in absolutely no mood to study... but a pile of lab reports and programming assignments (and most probably a quiz tomorrow, which I approach with my "Don't know. Don't care" attitude heh).

Links to poems I liked: (allll hail Google)

Phenomenal Woman

I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings

The Rock Cries Out to Us Today

No comments: